2018 CrossFit Games Open & CrossFit NXNW Intramural
What is the NXNW Intramural?
The CrossFit NXNW Intramural is a way for everyone at NXNW to participate in the fun of the 2018 CrossFit Games Open. Participants will be divided into 6 teams, when our team captains draft the teams. These teams will be competing against each other for a prize at the end of the 2018 Open.
What is the CrossFit Games Open?
The 2018 Reebok CrossFit Games season begins with the online Open. Anyone can sign up to compete in five workouts over five weeks and post their scores online. Last year, the Open reached more than 209,000 athletes from around the world.
When & Where?
The Open workouts will take place at CrossFit NXNW during class times, every Friday from February 23rd-March 30th. Every Thursday we will do a live Open announcement, featuring two of our athletes facing off in a head-to-head match-up.
Why should I sign-up for the CrossFit Open?
1) It’s fun!
2) PR’s! Almost everyone who participates ends up surprising themselves in some way.
3) Eat, train, and live healthier! We tend to make better choices and become more serious about our nutrition when we’re training for competition. Similar to when you sign-up for a 5K run, the commitment helps us make better decisions suited for performance.
4) Online tracking! It’s fun to follow your progress year to year and compare to other athletes/gyms around the world.
5) Team CrossFit NXNW! Your score helps represent your gym in the region!
6) There are plenty of other reasons! Feel free to talk to us if you have any questions about signing up. You can sign-up here: https://games.crossfit.com/cf/login?returnTo=%2Fregister%2Fathlete&flow=games
Where do I sign up for the NXNW Intramural?
You can sign-up at the gym by writing your full name the whiteboard by the bathroom!
Can I sign-up for the Intramural even if I don’t sign-up for the Open online?
Yes!!! We highly encourage people to sign-up for the Open, especially if you have an interest in competing. However, there’s nothing wrong with only signing up for the Intramural.
1 Point – For every team member that completes the workout each week
3 Points – For every team member who finishes in the top 3 for male and female RX
5 Points – Spirit: The team with the most noise, pride, and PRESENCE each week will receive 5 bonus points. This can include costumes! A poll will be taken at the end of each week to decide which team is awarded the points.
1 Point – For each team member who posts a selfie on social media before, during, or after the workout! You must use #crossfitnxnw, and check-in at CrossFit NXNW! If you don’t include those, we will not be able to find your post and give you points.